Sunday, March 11, 2012

Third Sunday of Lent 2012

Since the Passover of the Jews was near, Jesus went up to Jerusalem.He found in the temple area those who sold oxen, sheep, and doves,as well as the money changers seated there.He made a whip out of cords and drove them all out of the temple area, with the sheep and oxen, and spilled the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables, and to those who sold doves he said, “Take these out of here, and stop making my Father’s house a marketplace.” His disciples recalled the words of Scripture, Zeal for your house will consume me. At this the Jews answered and said to him, “What sign can you show us for doing this?” Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews said, “This temple has been under construction for forty-six years, and you will raise it up in three days?” But he was speaking about the temple of his body. Therefore, when he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they came to believe the Scripture and the word Jesus had spoken.While he was in Jerusalem for the feast of Passover, many began to believe in his name when they saw the signs he was doing. But Jesus would not trust himself to them because he knew them all, and did not need anyone to testify about human nature. He himself understood it well.

-JN 2: 13-25-

Challenges will always be part of our lives and we can't deny the fact that many times we would feel hopeless and alone in facing them. The Lord is always there and would never leave us. For He knows each of our capacity and how we would deal with each challenge He has for us. He is calling us and is waiting for us to hear that call. Have to responded to any of God's call to you? How did you deal with the challenges that God gave you? How is your relationship with the Lord? Did it make you closer to God?


During the past week, challenges made me feel down and alone. I felt that they overpowered me and i was going down the drain. I became hopeless and was letting it control me. I was flying like a bubble; going to uncertain directions and ready to burst. All of a sudden I remember the angel that I met when I was on the verge of breaking. I met him in the lift and it was very unexpected for me. God sent me an angel and I now remember that God loves me.


It was a week which was the same as this week; challenges were running off the hook and I was breaking down as I would walk to work. I went into the lift to go to my floor but I was not alone. I was with a teenage guy wearing his school uniform. I never said anything nor looked at him. I was looking at the floor contemplating on how things would work. A few floors before mine, the lift stopped and it was for the boy. Right before he stepped out, unexpected words came out of his mouth.

"God bless you Pare! :)"

I smiled but was speechless at the same time. I had goosebumps and I felt God was with me right from the start. Yes! He is with me and I am loved by Him.

Today at church, I felt the same thing. When the priest asked us to spread and share God's peace, someone beside me flashed a very warm and touching smile of peace. I smiled back and it felt very good. I felt I was touched by God. He is calling me and I am very willing to answer His call. I am very willing to serve Him.

My Prayer

"Lord, I am your servant and I am willing to serve you. Grant me the guidance to do so as i am hearing your call. My work may stop me from joining some communities Lord but I know that this won't stop me from serving you with my life and my heart. You have saved me, have been behind me, and loved me from the start. Oh God, you are amazing and all powerful. Continue to guide me Lord as I spend the days of my life praising. Guide me Lord in following your call to serve you in this new world and as I face the challenges you have prepared. Send me your Holy Spirit so that I would be safe, away from injury, abuse, injustice and sickness. Protect me Lord from being sad, feeling depressed and be trapped in the dark. I know Lord that you are behind me and I can do this for your glory. Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the end?

Ive always dreamt to have someone who is proud of me; who understands why i am like this; a person that brings the best in me and accepts ...