Sunday, March 4, 2012

Becky Nights - MORE! :)



It was back in July 2011 when I downloaded a Becky Night Podcast. The feeling was mixed as I didn’t understand what the show was all about. If I remember correctly, I downloaded 4 episodes and listened to them before I would go to sleep. The humor and open minded theme of the show gave me a refreshing thing to listen to. It was new to me and I know that I would be hooked.

The show brought laughter to me as the jokes were thrown over the conversations. The hosts were funny, witty and never boring. I didn’t care of I was listening to a “Becky” show. It gave me a good feeling. It gave me a very good impression.

Now that I’m here in Dubai, the interest for the show grew bigger. I was able to get the courage to call the show via Skype and talked to them. The topic: the Oracle for the New Year. I asked the guest Oracle if I can go home for vacation in 2012. Sad to hear, it was a no.

I never realized that doing the first call would give the confidence to call them every week. Even if I was at work, calling them would be part of the routine every Monday. They would make me giggle, smirk a smile and even feel irritated with some problems the callers would tell. Somehow, the show was serotonin to me. It made happy. They made me happy.

To know that the show is nearing its end for the season, a few questions popped in: “Wala na ba talagang Becky Nights? Hindi ba pwedeng may season 3? Paano na ang mga Lunes ko dito sa Dubai? Paano ka kaming mga listeners?”

As a listener, I want them to continue with the show. It does a very magical thing to those who feel down and sad. It elates people and makes them smile to life. They have made a difference with the show and it should continue.

As a correspondent for the show, it is best that we would go on, continue. I myself know that I haven’t brought much for the show but I know that we can still contribute more. A simple update from Dubai is all I do but for me, the pride in giving information is more than what one can imagine. I am not famous and it is not my goal. What drives me to do what I do? – touching lives. The same way the show has touched mine and people all over the world. The show is one crazy pack but it makes sense.

I want to hear more from these guys: Jake Galvez, Matt Gozun, Buern Rodriguez and Divine Lee.

I want to hear more from the beckies all over the world.

I want to hear more from BECKY NIGHTS.

-donitoh-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the end?

Ive always dreamt to have someone who is proud of me; who understands why i am like this; a person that brings the best in me and accepts ...