Friday, July 7, 2017

Dubai Life as I Lived it - Years Before

Years before

I was not a diligent student while completing my education but somehow, I passed and I guess I was an “OK” student. I was lazy and somehow was always day-dreaming. But from all of these things – I never imagined myself working and living abroad. I have never even aspired to be an OFW as I think that the Philippines has the work atmosphere that I am very comfortable with.

After graduating college in March, I started working in a Call Center Company that sells an online medical coding reference in the USA. It was a challenge but was something that I was very interested in. I talk a lot so to me, it was like being me. Months passed and I got my Nursing License so I decided to practice it. I left my first job and went to train in a public hospital.

I trained for a few months as a nurse but never had the chance to be employed in the said hospital. Although I know I would make the cut, somehow the chance (and I mean connections to be closer to landing a job) never got to me. So, I moved on.

Again, I worked in another Call Center Company. This time it was customer service for an Australian market. It was very fun and interesting but somehow the luster of it faded into the pressure of getting a good evaluation from people who never get satisfied of what service was given.

This time I worked as a nurse in a Public Health Unit under the local government. It was one hell of a challenge for someone who was thrown into the practice where everything is made-up. It wasn’t the same as the hospital; everything was “just that”. Good thing the team was a set of amazing people.




After a few months of working, I got the call. “You’re flying in 2 weeks.”

The simple statement that changed my life echoed in me until the night of my flight. My friends were taken by surprise as I didn’t share about it nor thought about it being too soon. It was one whirlwind preparation that I have to say goodbye, get all my shit ready and do the final resting all in 2 weeks. I mean, someone who will face court has days to prepare and the hearings will be more than just a day – mine was quite shorter.

On the morn of my flight, I woke awfully early. I guess I couldn’t sleep since I would be flying to a country where I don’t have any knowledge about. I do not have any other information about it aside from what UAE means. A definite 1% knowledge on a country where I would be working, living and perhaps spend a few years of my life in – smells like something interesting would be happening.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the end?

Ive always dreamt to have someone who is proud of me; who understands why i am like this; a person that brings the best in me and accepts ...