Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The end of summer

The sun was shinning on my face as the wind keeps me calm. Music was playing as each word of the song I was listening to was making my heart beat; making me think of the best thing that happen to me this summer. All this was unplanned yet it made me plan for what lies ahead of me; ahead of us. It will be a year until we can see each other again but she is with me. Shen will always be with me until we would meet again.

I really don't plan what my summer would be this year but I was invited to go somewhere south. I heard about it's beaches and it made me eager to be there for the summer. I love the beach. It keeps me calm and relax. It makes me happy and smile. It was summer. I will just have to enjoy myself like I would always do each year for myself.

I was set for my trip that day. Everything that I needed was in the bag: clothes, mobile phone, camera, iPod + earphones, personal stuff and money. I was ready for the best summer. Never did I know that it would be the greatest summer of my life.

The best place where I would find myself smiling. I never thought that this would be different this time.

The beach was beautiful as I imagined it to be. Perfect waves, cool breeze, shady palms trees and the powdery sand. It was perfect. I was having a great time spending the days by the beach. If I don't feel like swimming, I would lie under a tree's shade by the shore and relax while listening to music. It was the summer imagined it to be: PERFECT.

As I was resting under my favorite shade, a certain girl's voice caught my attention. She was walking by the shore singing and humming a beautiful song. She didn't notice me at first so I sit up and took my earphones off. She stopped, looked at me in a shock and was silent. I didn't realize that I was smiling at her. Maybe it was her face or I think it was her voice. No, I was smiling at her but I didn't realize that I was amazed at what I heard. She walked on and ignored me. She didn't sing or hum this time as she was passing by me.

She was the same age as I. She was cute and very simple. Sun-kissed skin and had beautiful eyes. It was the first time I saw her in the few days that I would spend the day along the beach. And I didn't know what happen but I longed to see her the next day and even in the coming days. Let's just say that I was interested in her. I wanted to get to know her; befriend her. It was a simple friendly thought to know this interesting girl for the summer.

It all went by so fast and we became friends. Then the feeling grew into something more than friends. We were in love with each other and the beach was our witness on how the feeling grew. The sun guided us to each other and waves washed all the sad feelings away everyday.  It was fast but it was all real.

I fell in love with the beach and I fell in love with her. It was an amazing feeling to be with her.
Mikaela was special to me. She was very happy, loving and positive about life. She was the greatest thing that happen to me; ever. I wasn't planning to be with someone but summer was the perfect time for me to be with her. She became my life. She became a part of me. We were inseparable. What we have was incomparable. She was my sun and I was her summer. The beach lead us to each other and each wave would shower us with love. What we had was as endless as the waves from the sea and as strong as the breezes that the wind can give. We were in love.

We went around the island and she helped me discover what beauty it had to offer. She was my angel. She was my guidance. She was my Sun. She kept me looking forward for each sunrise on everyday. She was my mornings and each sunset would make me excited on what the day day would bring. She was my everything.

She was my sun and I was her summer. She was my every morning and so was I to her.

The days would go by as if they would never end. We went to places, seen new faces and did new things that made us knew who we were for each other. The beach was our rendezvous and it never failed to make us fall in love all over again. She makes me laugh and I make her giggle. I was not the one with the words but she said that my eyes said everything that needs to be said. Her smile was as sparkling as the sun would shine. It was warm and very true. She had her way with her smile and I was never ashamed to admit that she had me.

What we had was very special. It was love and all the world can bare witnesses to what we had. It was special.
 We share the same dreams of what life can bring the best out of us. We knew that we were for each other and it was nothing that can be neglected. Like I have said, what we have was special.




......




12th day of summer...




......




16th day of summer...





......





It was that certain day that sealed things. It was the longest day for us; specially for me. Summer was almost done.





......





25th day of summer...




......





.......






28th day of summer...





.......








.......







30th day of summer...





Me: "This is the best summer. And you are the greatest gift that God gave me."

Mikaela: "Hmmmm.. for me, this is not the best summer for me..."

Me: "What do you mean by that?"

Mikaela: "I have had summers in this place. It was all the same. But then you came and changed it. This is, by far, the greatest summer of my life, Brad. It's not the best summer, it's the greatest summer of my life."

Me: "I never have thought that I would find you here. It leaves me smiling at night just to think that I have found you here, Mikaela. It was beyond what I expected to happen."

Mikaela: "Me too. And I am happy to have found you too."

......





......



Summer was almost over. And I had to make up my mind about the end of summer. I didn't want this to end.


.....



......



Me: "Life here is beautiful. It's peaceful, no traffic, no pollution. It's beautiful to live here. Everything is beautiful here."

Mikaela: "Uh-huh. Life here is different but I love it here."

Me: "I love it here too. I have a plan to stay here.. for good. It's gonna be a big change for me but I'm sure it will be alright because I am with you."

Mikaela: "You have to think about it Brad. What about your work? Your friends? Your family? Your life in the city?"

Me: "I have thought about it, Mikaela. They would understand. I have you here. I want to be with you."

Mikaela: "I know that, I get you. But things just can't change the way you want it to be that fast. It will unfold by itself and I know that you know that."

Me: "I can't just leave you, Mikaela. I can't just..."

Mikaela: "Yes, you can. You can let go of this summer..."

Me: "I don't want to."

....



....



....


Mikaela was the woman for me and so was I the man for her. We will have forever together. I am sure of that.


....


....



....


The sun was shinning on my face as the wind keeps me calm. Music was playing as each word of the song I was listening to was making my heart beat; making me think of the best thing that happen to me this summer. All this was unplanned yet it made me plan for what lies ahead of me; ahead of us. It will be a year until we can see each other again but she is with me. Shen will always be with me until we would meet again.

 Mikaela was the woman for me and I was the man for him. What we have can never be compared to anything. It was love and it was more than I have felt before. She kept me alive waiting for the sun to shine the next day. 

Summer had to end but that didn't mean that It would be the same for us. I received a letter on the day I left the island. I know that it was from someone I love. It was from Mikaela.


"Brad,

Summer was all the same for me until I met you here in this lonely island. It was the greatest summer of my life to recall and I wouldn't trade it for anything. You have been my life now and I am looking forward to seeing you again.

Brad, summer has to end. But my love for you will never have that ending. I will be waiting for you, 

I love you.

Mikaela. <3"


---FIN---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the end?

Ive always dreamt to have someone who is proud of me; who understands why i am like this; a person that brings the best in me and accepts ...