Friday, February 22, 2013

VLOGGING - who should be doing it?

My blog started back in 2009 with some entries of stories that I made myself. Back then, I was so influenced by friends and emotions that I decided to make stories out from them and sharing them in a way that people would be able to relate. Some stories I wrote included love, friendship and even death. Nonetheless, writing for me is a special form of art. I will continue to write and will always be writing whatever the outcome may be. 

With the advent of technology and people's exposure to the internet, many things have changed. Such of these are as follow: books became eBooks, CDs became MP3 files and (yes), BLOGS became VLOGS.

It took me quite a time to finally decide on making a video of myself in my Youtube channel. At first, it was an outlet for me to upload picture shows of the things that I have encountered. I never gave the thought of being "in person" in the video a good deal because I never had the confidence to see myself on a screen, better yet the internet. But then, I got persuaded by a friend who has a Youtube channel and pushed me to starting my own Vlogs.

Vlogging has its ups and downs. Most of the things I considered were the downs which I will be getting from the viewers or from any random stranger in the internet. I have anticipated the bashing and the harsh words people will be saying on the videos that I would be making which in turn made me doubt of my capacity to make a good video. Sir Junie, a friend of mine said that these things won't matter if the videos I will be making would make a difference in a viewers life. This was the driving force behind the videos and each edit I made in my Youtube channel. The same force that backed me up when I started this Blog account. From the first story I made, I imagined the lives that would be touched, the tears that would fall and each smile that would be painted on my reader's face after they would spend some time reading my posts. 

It just saddens me that most of the people in the web give much consideration to elements that, I can say are not much of a value. 

First on the list: a vlogger should be rich and famous.

Why do people think this way? We can all make a difference with whatever we have and whatever we do. Things we say does not depend on the things and bank accounts that we have. For crying out loud, being famous won't make it even better. We all have ideas of our own and I guess these two won't be part of the things I should prioritize. I'm not rich and I'm not famous. All I know is, I am always looking forward for the lives that I would be touching through the things I am doing and will be doing in my Vlog. 

Second on the list: a vlogger should be gwapo/maganda.

Of course, seeing someone with a beautiful face and a charming smile would be so pleasant to the eyes. But if the person in front of the camera has nothing good to say, I would rather watch that person on print. Great things come in small and unusual packages. On top of that, the internet is a free domain. There might be rules that we need to follow but these rules don't include looking good. To end this, we all have the same insides which means all of us are the same. 

Third on the list: A vlogger should speak good.

Consider a good speaker who doesn't know what he is talking about and an average speaker who is very well informed of the things he is saying; which will you spare time to listen to? All we want to achieve is to be heard of. And this does not depend on how we say things. Censorship is very important in the world  of vlogging and we all understand these things. As a vlogger, we are responsible of the things we say and do in front of the camera. As a viewer, we are responsible on the things we view and listen to in the internet. 

These are the things that I need to vent out about vlogging. It is a very enjoyable art and it can touch lives the same way we share a smile in the streets. I guess that having these things on print just make me feel better. It also creates a good stir inside me that I just made another blog.  :) 

Hope you guys would SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel: 

http://www.youtube.com/user/donitohRN

And here is the very first Vlog entry I made for it. 

Hope you SUBSCRIBE! 

Peace y'all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this the end?

Ive always dreamt to have someone who is proud of me; who understands why i am like this; a person that brings the best in me and accepts ...